During your visit, as you browse through the web site, read pages, or download information, we will automatically gather and store certain information about your visit but not about you. This information does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store only the following information about the visit:
- The Internet domain (for example, "xcompany.com," if a private Internet access account, or "aschool.edu," if connected from a university) and IP address (the number that is automatically assigned to a computer whenever it is surfing the web) from which access to our web site is gained;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- The date and time of access to our site;
- The pages visited and the length of time visited; and
- The address of the website from which the initial visit was launched, if any.
We use this information to help us make our site more useful to visitors, by learning about the number of visitors and the technology in use. The data collected are not connected to your personal information or identity.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, the D-SPAN uses software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
This website contains links to other sites. This site is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites, which may differ from the practices described in this policy. We encourage you to become familiar with the privacy practices of other sites you visit, including those linked from our site.
Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and 18 U.S.C. Sec. 1001 and 1030. Information also may be used for authorized law enforcement investigations. Except for the above purposes, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits.
We reserve the right to change or modify this privacy statement at any time. If we revise our privacy statement, we will post a link to those changes on the homepage and in other places so you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it.