Read As You Like It Books
3.83 - 66146 - 1605 reviews
Read As You Like It Books Online - as you like it by william shakespeare free ebook - as you like it novelguide - as you like it entire play - as you like it entire play - as you like it quotes by william shakespeare goodreads - as you like it wikipedia - summary of william shakespeares play as you like it - - as you like it quotes by william shakespeare goodreads - - - - - - - - - - -
Read Book As You Like It Online author by William Shakespeare. Read or Download As You Like It format Paperback in 134 and Published 1-10-2010 by Focus.
As You Like It
by: William Shakespeare in Paperback, 134
Published 1-10-2010 by Focus
As You Like It George Lyman Kittredge’s insightful editions of Shakespeare have endured in part because of his eclecticism, his diversity of interests, and his wide-ranging accomplishments, all of which are reflected in the valuable notes in each volume.
These new editions have specific emphasis on the performance histories of the plays (on stage and screen).
Features of each edition include:
- The original introduction to the Kittredge Edition
- Editor’s Introduction to the Focus Edition. An overview on major themes of the plays, and sections on the play’s performance history on stage and screen.
- Explanatory Notes. The explanatory notes either expand on Kittredge’s superb glosses, or, in the case of plays for which he did not write notes, give the needed explanations for Shakespeare’s sometimes demanding language.
- Performance notes. These appear separately and immediately below the textual footnotes and include discussions of noteworthy stagings of the plays, issues of interpretation, and film and stage choices.
- How to read the play as Performance Section. A discussion of the written play vs. the play as performed and the various ways in which Shakespeare’s words allow the reader to envision the work "off the page."
- Comprehensive Timeline. Covering major historical events (with brief annotations) as well as relevant details from Shakespeare’s life. Some of the Chronologies include time chronologies within the plays.
- Topics for Discussion and Further Study Section. Critical Issues: Dealing with the text in a larger context and considerations of character, genre, language, and interpretative problems. Performance Issues: Problems and intricacies of staging the play connected to chief issues discussed in the Focus Editions’ Introduction.
- Select Bibliography & Filmography
Each New Kittredge edition also includes screen grabs from major productions, for comparison and scene study.
Reading As You Like It Online - free kindle book and epub digitized and proofread by project gutenberg - married under a bush like a beggar get you to church and have a good priest that can tell you what marriage is this fellow will but join you together as they join wainscot; then one of you will prove a shrunk panel and like green timber warp warp touchstone aside i am not in the mind but i were better to be - help help help theres a question i wanna ask about as you like it some critics view comedy as a language through which subversive and disturbing content can be articulated with safety comedy according to some perspectives should be understood and read as a genreby which conventions are scrutinized and even momentarily overthrown what feautures of as you like it exemplifies either one - as you like it this is a study guide for the book as you like it written by william shakespeare free study guides and book notes including comprehensive chapter analysis complete summary analysis author biography information character profiles - - 109 quotes from as you like it the fool doth think he is wise but the wise man knows himself to be a fool and this our life exempt from public haunt finds tongues in trees books in the running brooks sermons in stones and good in everything i would not change it william shakespeare as you like it tags books 148 - - - - - - - - - - - - - -